Hajj and Umrah is one of the religious obligations in Islam, which requires too much physical activity and financial power. According to the prescriptions of the Holy Quran, it is obligated on those Muslim individuals who are capable enough to fulfill physical and monetary needs. But this, in no way, means that the disabled, physically challenged and special people cannot wish to perform Hajj and Umrah. These people should be facilitated in this regard, as after all, they are humans of equal importance and deserve respect, dignity, and opportunities, in case, physically challenged Muslim individuals are able to accumulate sufficient finances and ready to go to perform Hajj or Umrah.
The Holy Quran:
“Hajj is required to just the individuals who are physically and financially capable”
There have been special arrangements for disables contributed by the different governments especially Saudi Government and Airport authorities across the world.
1. There are many facilities provided by the airport authorities for the disables. When physically challenged pilgrims arrive at the Saudi airport, they are offered with the diverse range of facilities in the shape of wheelchairs, inclines and the elevators. These services help disabled pilgrims and handicapped travelers to mover with making any efforts. The travel agent also coordinates with the airport official in an attempt to make sure that disables pilgrims do not face any problems while traveling towards Saudi Arabia.
2. For disabled Muslim individuals, the private transportations of diverse types are provided in the state of Makkah and Medina during the Hajj and Umrah season. Unfortunately, transports seem to be not helpful to deal with the wheelchair.
3. Special arrangements under special packages are ensured for the disabled pilgrims. Such as Visa, the system of private transportation and hotels are arranged to ensure ease for them.
4. Handicapped pilgrims have to ensure that travel agents secure easy line of actions along with private transportation and taxi firms in Makkah and Medina. This will help disabled individuals to perform their respective Umrah and Hajj comfortably and with ease.
● At airport terminal, disabled travelers should approach officials and movement operator so that staff is informed about your physical necessities before you proceed further.
● Since buses have no system for the people with wheel-seats, physically challenged pilgrims should ensure that their line of actions take place with the help of private taxi firms in the kingdom.
● Hotels in the kingdom normally do not have special arrangements for the disabled pilgrims except some of the best hotels. So it is in your favor to book hotel that has special facilities for the disabled pilgrims.